Video is considered as the most influential content medium when it comes to storytelling. It can create a huge impact on the success of your content marketing and promotional campaigns. At the same time, it is also one of the most effective ways of reaching out to people and building a deeper and more fulfilling relationship between you and your target audience.
The following statistics prove that video plays a significant role in your content marketing strategy:
- 1200% more shares are generated by social media videos compared to the combination of text and images.
- In 2019, 80% of the entire consumer internet traffic comes from video content.
- Video content is used by at least 87% of online marketers.
- Each year, the volume of mobile videos has increased by 100%.
This means that you should start creating the best video content strategy for your business. What you include in your videos will be up to you. However, you need to ensure that you can promote your videos better and find some viewers. These are important business assets, so you must ensure that they are viewed by the right people.
Here are some tips that can help you in getting more viewers for your videos
Keep it Simple
As much as possible, your video SEO strategy should be kept simple. Keep in mind that SEO is not only significant for your website and blog posts. The fact is, YouTube has been considered as the second largest search engine being used online. Aside from searching this network for specific videos, most people also use them for searching information, just like using Google.com. There are also efficient steps that can help you in ensuring that people can easily find your videos on YouTube. Here are important strategies for video SEO.
- One of the best ways to catch people’s attention is through the titles. As much as possible, keep them short but informative. People will see the first 60 characters or less on YouTube videos. Just like making a blog post, be sure to plan your keywords. To find relevant keywords, you can use the YouTube keyword tool or the SE Ranking keyword tool.
- When adding keywords to your video description, be sure to also incorporate a link to your website. Make sure that it can help people in understanding what your video is all about and it should only consist of up to 70 characters.
- When using tags, be sure to create different keyword variations. Consider the things that people who will watch your video might be looking for and be sure to incorporate these.
- Link-building is also vital. The number of links that point to your video is crucial for keyword rankings.
- The first thing that attracts people to watch your video is the thumbnails. Be sure to create colorful, engaging, eye-catching, branded, and high-quality thumbnails.
- Most people watch videos on their mobile devices; hence, it is important that you should consider optimizing your videos for efficient mobile viewing.
- A video sitemap can help your videos rank, by providing search engines with all the details about your video content.
Describe Clearly What the Video Is All About
If you want more people to view your videos, then you should provide them with sufficient information so they can decide whether they will watch them. As John Bottom writes on his blog, people will glance at the titles first before they will decide to watch the video, which only makes sense. However, aside from the title and description, videos are not a simple format to glance at. You should not anticipate that people will decide to view your 10-minute video rather than scanning some text or image in seconds.
How to solve this problem
- Write a precise and informative synopsis. As much as possible, try to provide viewers with at least three to four benefits that they can get after watching the video. If you are using a narrative, then you can specify the major points.
- Transcribe your videos to provide the viewers with a text format of your content. In this way, they have the chance to skim read first and decide whether to watch it or not. Furthermore, you are helping search engines crawl your video content.
Use Social Proof to Increase Conversions
Aside from improving your conversions, using social proof can also help in developing credibility and trust between yourself and your viewers. 50% of customers think that customer testimonials are very useful to them. There are various ways of doing it.
For instance, you could show votes, comments, likes, views, and others to highlight that other people find your video content valuable and informative. If you are providing products and services, then you can include case studies or video testimonials from experts, customers, friends, or celebrities.
Optimize Your Video Content for Conversions
After motivating viewers to watch your video, you can get the most of it by concentrating on conversions. All you must do is to optimize it appropriately by focusing on conversions.
How to accomplish this
Incorporate a clear call to action.
Expert online marketers understand the importance of having a clear call to action. It will all depend on your goal, whether you want to have more sales, leads, or just a dialogue. You can either add a link that leads to your landing page at the last part of your video, incorporate a direct message from the speakers of the video, include some share buttons, and a lot more. Be sure that people can easily engage with your video.
Identify the ideal publishing time.
Try to evaluate and figure out the perfect time of sharing the video and as much as possible try to obtain the most views most especially during the first 48 hours. If you can gather more views, then YouTube will be more likely to recognize the relevance of your video content to the viewers.
Be creative with your content.
Try to make your video entertaining and interactive and show that your video can be useful to users. Show your creativity by trying out various things and determining which ones will work best when it comes to getting conversions.
To make people watch and engage with your videos, provide them with immediate incentives. You could offer them giveaways, discounts, or links to a free course.
Provide more options.
The opinions of your viewers vary. Some people prefer to make phone calls or receive texts, while others favor contact forms and emails. Provide your clients with two or three options.
Say thank you.
Don’t forget to say thank you at the end of your video. This can greatly help in improving your conversions since it indicates that you are sincere with your customers. It is also an excellent way of obtaining new clients as well as increasing your retention rate in the long run.
Make short and simple videos.
Most people recommend that simple and short videos perform better compared to longer videos. But the truth is, be sure that your videos work for you. Hence, find the appropriate length that works for you and stick with it.
Select your Distribution Channels
If you want to engage even further, then you must find the appropriate distribution outlets and share your content to the right audience. In other words, you must send your video to as many channels as possible.
The following are some great ideas that you could use for your video content strategy:
Obviously, the best place to start is YouTube and Vimeo, be sure to upload your videos here.
Make your video visible on your website. Even if you don’t have a lot of traffic, this can entice new visitors to watch your videos, and perhaps enhance your site’s performance.
- Use SlideShare and recommend your video presentations.
- Directly share your videos on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+.
- Insert your video on your emails.
After sharing your videos on these famous channels, keep on looking for new ways to promote them. There might be several opportunities in your niche that could work for your video strategy.
Improve the Reach of your Videos
After accomplishing your video content campaign, the next thing you want to obtain the maximum impact out of it. The following are some valuable things to consider when it comes to your video marketing strategy:
Spend money to promote your video.
YouTube and Facebook are the best advertising tools that can help you in reaching your targeted audience. A huge budget is not necessary in growing your subscribers and exposure. Simply create a compelling introduction, recognize your target audience, and personalize your parameters.
Keep engaging with your viewers.
Ask opinions from your viewers and always respond to their comments on your video. In case you are running live videos, you can instantly get notifications when other people leave comments on your video. All you must do is to inform them that their opinions matter.
Videos should be part of your marketing campaign. Videos include the same information you have in your web pages, blog posts, podcasts, white papers, etc., the difference is it’s just in another format.
If you need help in creating your videos, then you can get in touch with BA Productions at 877-378-7225. We offer different types of video production services, including aerial filming services.